Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Congratulations!

This post is dedicated to my baby brother John.  As you all may or may not know, my brother graduated from Ole Miss with his Masters in Accountancy this year.  After graduation he also found a job in an accounting firm on the MS Gulf Coast (my brother's friend's dad says he can't believe John got a job where he had to wear shoes).  John now has a starting salary which will probably be more than I will make in my teaching career, but at least I don't have to sit in an office and crunch numbers and boring stuff like that.  Baby brother also recently took the first part of the CPA exam.  Let me first say that he delayed the taking of this test the first time because he wrote down the wrong exam date (by a day).  So, the study materials for the exam are like $2,000, which I think is highway robbery.  But, I guess that was money well spent thus far because he just found out that he PASSED the first part of the exam!!!!  Hooray little bro!  He still has the remaining 3 sections (I think that's how many more there are) to take and pass before he is officially a CPA, but he's well on his way.  I'm so proud of my little brother!!!  Way to go John!
Sorry John, but this was the only fairly recent picture I have of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment