Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's Just Those Rainy Days...

Well it has finally rained here in the 'ham, and it rained long and hard.  I had to get up to go to work and lifeguard at the outdoor pool this morning and the Y, but I really didn't want to get out of bed.  When I finally pulled myself from under the oh-so-comfy covers I heard something.  Could it be?? Rain?? YES!!  No wonder I was sleeping so well.  I don't know what it is about rain, but I always sleep better.  The other good thing about the rain was that I was not going to have to get up on the stand and lifeguard.  I did still have to go to work to be there when the downpour did end.  So I got to work at a little before 9, with the pool supposed to open at 10.  I did not go to the outdoor pool until 11:30!  It was raining and thundering and lightning and that means no pool.  We finally opened the pools at 11:30, but I sat by myself in the guard house until 1.  I was thinking before I left the house and brought a book to read to keep myself entertained.  That was the best idea I've had in a while.  I read the entire 4 hours of my shift!  I got paid to sit and read a book today.  How awesome is that?!? 

Then came the not so fun task of going home and writing lesson plans.  I have finished 3 of the 5 that I have due on Wednesday, but I'm not really feeling inspired by the topics of the other 2, so they are not going to be as easy.  I should actually be writing these last 2 lesson plans right now or writing reflections for the other 3, but I'm just not feeling it.  Maybe it's the rain.  Maybe it's the fact that this is my least favorite class I have taken.  Maybe it's the golf tournament/baseball blaring in the background.  Whatever it is, I've decided to postpone my work until tomorrow, when I'm sure I'll do the same thing: a little work and then come up with another excuse to take a break.  This is pretty much how my weekends go these days.  What an exciting life I lead!  I have tried to remember what weekends were like in college when there were no football games, but I can't really.  I do remember watching like 3 movies that we got from Netflix every Sunday with Ginny and probably some trips to the bar, but other than that I'm at a loss.  Maybe my life has always been this exciting- or not-so-exciting-and I just thought it was more fun in college....surely that can't be the case, right??

*By the way the book I'm reading is called The Tender Bar. I'm only about halfway through, but I'm obviously enjoying it since I read for 4 hours! Check it out if you need a new book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment