This morning while lifeguarding, the usual daily water aerobics class was taking place. While sitting there watching to make sure no one drowned or had a heart attack or something I realized that they were US in 50 years!!! I saw most of you in one of these ladies doing their daily workout, so here's what I saw:
Natalie, my high school friend, you are the lady that shows up late to class, gets in the water and starts socializing immediately and actually doing the moves every so often when the instructor starts giving you a look. You are also the one that brings food for everyone to eat after the class when more socializing takes place.
Jordo, you are the lady who shows up, but rolls her eyes at the instructor the whole time thinking how dumb and annoying the woman is.
Katie, you are the lady who is all into the class. You're the first one to introduce yourself when the instructor asks everyone to say their name and pick a move for everyone to do. You also call out people who haven't said their name and a move because they're too busy talking to someone else when no one else is volunteering.
Claire Harper, you are the lady that comes during the class time, but really goes to the outside of the circle and does whatever moves she feels like doing.
Claire Weaver, you are the lady who is so super excited about the class. When the instructor is trying to get people to woo and count, you're right there leading the way (when really you're one of the only people actually wooing).
Mimi, you are the one who stays for the real movement part of the class, but when it comes to the stretching and "weights" you dip out because you've got way too much else to do.
Courtman, you will be the lady telling us all about what's going on around town: what kind of conferences there are, who's running for what office, what's wrong with the world, etc. You try to get us interested, but we're here to "exercise" and socialize, not change the world because we're old and we'll be gone soon anyway.
And finally, I am the lady who can barely do the moves because my body is old and broken. I try, but can't keep up with the normal pace of the class, so I smile and go with it.
Oh and we will ALL have super short haircuts apparently.
So if any of us live near each other in 50 years I look forward to water aerobics classes with yall!

hahahahaha. Melly I love it! this made my night. I can just see it now. I'm cool with water aerobics, as long as we can go out for mimosas afterwards!
ReplyDeleteHahahahahaha. Every voice counts, even the old ones =).
ReplyDeletePS: I have not forgotten about our phone date, but I refuse to set a time frame because each time I have, epic fail. Surprise phone call coming your way soon!