Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Student Teaching!

I'm sure you're all familiar with the saying, "Better late than never."  Well that is definitely the case for my student teaching!  When I got alternate route certification to teach in MS I had to take a few classes and set up an internship within 3 years of finishing those classes.  Obviously that didn't happen since I've moved quite a few times since Spring of 2007.  I decided to pursue my Masters in Elementary Education at some point in those three years, and good thing I did since AL did not reciprocate my MS certification.  Well the time has finally come for me to student teach.  I was supposed to begin this coming Thursday, August 19, but that is not going to happen.  There was some confusion or lack of communication between my field experience coordinator and the school in which I was placed (I found this out last Friday, so needless to say I began panicking).  But, now everything is sorted out!!!  I begin student teaching at Hall Kent Elementary on August 23 in Ms. Williams' 2nd grade class!!!  I'm pretty excited because I've been observing in her classroom the past few days and she's super nice and really good at what she does.  She also has some great kids in her class.  So, what does all this mean??  1. I will be paying tuition to work for free.  2. I will be super busy trying to juggle student teaching, being wifey, and trying to work some before and after school so we're not totally back to one paycheck and 3. I am that much closer to being certified and being able to apply for a job to have a classroom of my own again!!!!!  I'm sure it's going to be a crazy 16 weeks, but I look forward to the experience.  Not a bad day even though I had to wake up at 4:00 am to go to lifeguard at the indoor pool, fighting to stay awake for 4 of the most boring hours of my life.  I may go get myself a manicure or pedicure to celebrate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment