Friday, August 27, 2010

Do you think I have pink eye???

WARNING: This post may be a little yucky....
The past few days I have been waking up unable to open one eye due to sleepy crustyness.  This morning was the worst by far.  My whole eye was gooped shut and I had a streak of dried up goop running down my cheek.  I kept thinking, well I had my eyes stick shut as a kid, so no big deal.  I soon found out that it was not the same thing as sleep drying up in my eyes as a kid.  I went to school today and mentioned my goopy, stuck together eye to the nurse and she looked at me and said, "that may be pink eye."  I said, "well, yeah, but my eye's not really pink."  To which she responded, "Uhhh, it's pretty red...."  I said I guess I would have to get a doctor to check it, but I don't know anyone that's had pink eye.  She sent a kindergartner home Tuesday with good ole pink eye, but I'm student teaching in 2nd grade, so it can't be the same.  Well, I go to the "urgent" care today after school which took 3 hours of my life from me to have the doctor tell me that, yes, I do in fact have pink eye--not so urgent care if you ask me.  I got prescribed some lovely eye drops and some other something or other.  The good news is that I can still go to school and hang out with my friends because having pink eye as a kid and as an adult are quite different.  Kids can't stop rubbing their eyes and touching other people and touching everything in sight, but adults can.  My husband responded to this with, "Obviously, he doesn't know you..."  I will keep you posted on the conjunctivitis (or however you spell it) but I think I am going to survive this first battle with dirty, germy elementary school kids.

I know, you're laughing with me, not at me right????

No comments:

Post a Comment