Saturday, September 11, 2010

War Eagle, Who Dat, and Work

This past Thursday night the Auburn Tigers played MS State in a much too close game, but we had a great time watching and visiting at the Nelson's.  Katie and Jonathan had everyone over for food, football, and fun as well as to celebrate Katie's 26th birthday.  It was a super fun time, but getting up to open the pool at the Y at 4:00 am was not super fun at all.  Especially since I had woken up at 3:50 am Thursday to open the pool and had my first observation for student teaching.  The observation went well and I got the highest possible score, so I'm one step closer to actually teaching.  Back to the party...we stayed to watch the whole Auburn game and watched most of the rest of the Saints game, so I think by the time I got home and got in bed it was around 11ish which is way past my bedtime.  I was a little disappointed that we would not be in the NOLA for the big Saints game, parade, and party my parents were having at the apartment downtown, but the birthday/football gathering was super!  Both my teams won, but not by as much as I had thought or hoped they would.  Working, student teaching, being social, and attempting to keep up with laundry/cooking/dishes at home (which I'm really slacking in, but Hubby Dearest has been a great help) is exhausting, but hopefully one day soon, but not soon enough, it will all slow down and I'll have a real job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment